Hip Hop dance is an energetic and expressive form of movement that has captivated the hearts of youth worldwide. Emerging from the streets of New York City in the 1970s, it quickly gained popularity among young people due to its infectious beats, creative choreography, and empowering message. Come learn the various Hip Hop techniques from our instructor Kyung Hoon in a fun and simple manner at Metropolitan YMCA.
Kyung is a Korean dancer living in Singapore & has been dancing HipHop since 2013. Prior to that, he has a contemporary dance background and also learned popping and locking.
Representing FAKYU & FKBN, he has competed in numerous battles and competitions (online & offline) and clinched a total of 32 victories.
Some of his notable achievements and involvement are:
- Repzyourstyle Open styles Crew Battle 4th June 2023 - Champion
- Amor Fati 아모르파티 3v3 Open styles Korea 31 Dec 2022 - champion
- Hybrid Series x Super 24: Hybrid circuit 2022 - Champion
- IMC Live Global Dance Competition 2022
- For The Record 5v5 Hip Hop Dec 2021
- D'battleground 2v2 Hip Hop Sept 2021
- Explosion Battle 2v2 Hip Hop Online Ukraine 2020
- NGU online battle Hip Hop 1v1 (Belarus) vol 1 & 3 2020
- RE•MIX Open Styles 2v2 2020
- Korea (Daejeon) Freestyle Underground Session 2v2 open styles 2019
- All Babes Cineleisure Dance (ABCD) Boys' Group 2019
- RF JAM beach party 2v2 open styles 2019